Monday, June 06, 2011

A Party


On Sunday, my father and stepmother threw a party for my book. 


Season to Taste is going to be published this month. (Two weeks!)


At the party, I wore the perfume that I bought in France, back when I was reporting the book. Its smell reminds me of the beach.

I talked with some new friends and some old friends. (And a baby named Hannah, with perfect, perfect toes.)
 

There was cake.


(The air smelled like champagne.)   
 
I read from my book.


And afterward, I thanked my family.

Because not only did they throw me a lovely party.

But they took care of me when I was down.

(They sure know how to celebrate, too.)

3 comments:

Molly said...

Your family sounds wonderful. And it looks like they throw a good party, too!

Molly said...

Molly: I like 'em! :)

Murissa said...

Such a sweet event. Congrats on your book! What is it about?
I am working on my own little book - Travel Poetry with my own photographs as well.

Your party looked picture perfect!

The Wanderfull Traveler